Thursday, June 19, 2014

Let Me Introduce Myself

So, I’ve decided to start up a sports blog.  I like sports and I like talking about sports, so I figured this would be a fun idea.  We’ll see how it goes.  Hopefully you all read it J.  Or else it might get kind of pointless.  No pressure everyone.  I will also go a little into football and some hockey.  I probably won’t deal with basketball much unless there is just something I really find interesting.  

So, for those of you who don’t know me for some reason, my name is Brett Woods.  I was born and raised in the St. Louis area and thus born and raised into loving St. Louis sports.  I root for all the St. Louis teams.  I love baseball; it’s by far my favorite sport.  Can it get boring at times?  I guess.  But it really is the thinking man’s game.  There is so much complexity and strategy in the game.  It’s the one major sport where once you take a player out of the game, they can’t come back in.  For anyone who has spent any period of time around me, you know how much I love the Cardinals.  But, what less of you might know is that I am also a huge Tampa Bay Rays fan.  Yes, Tampa.  Why would someone from St. Louis, whose only experience in Florida has been layovers at the Miami airport, be a fan of a team in Tampa you ask?  Well frankly, because they used to suck.  Really bad.  When they came into the league they were absolutely horrible.  And I thought at that point that I should start rooting for them.  Because I knew eventually one day they would get good and more people would start liking them.  And I did not want to be accused of being a bandwagon fan.  I was going to be a fan before there was a bandwagon. (Yes, I realize I basically just called myself a hipster). 

As far as football, first and foremost I am a Rams fan (Yes, I know they have sucked for a long time, but watch out this year). They were the first St. Louis team I remember seeing win a championship (The Tackle!).  I also like the Green Bay Packers.  I grew up being a big fan of Brett Favre. Although I lost respect for him because he couldn’t decide to retire and got into that scandal about the pictures he sent to a reporter Anyway, I thought when he retired I might not care about the Packers as much but I gained respect for them for not putting up with his wanting to continually retire and then decide to come back.  They made a bold move to say no to one of the best quarterbacks of all time and put the rest of the organization first.  And let a man named Aaron Rodgers start at qb. 

I’m pretty simple as far as hockey is concerned.  I like the Blues, even though they might be cursed. We’ll see.  I’m not really a fan of any other teams.  Even for me, there’s only so much sports one person can follow.    I’m not really a big fan of basketball.  Probably because there is not a team in St. Louis, so I was just not raised to that.  If I had to name a favorite team, I would say the Oklahoma City Thunder.  I liked the when they were in Seattle and I have a lot of respect for Kevin Durant. 


Well I think that’s enough for this first blog.  I hope this goes well.  It should be a lot of fun.  If there is anything you would like to see my thoughts on, let me know.  Comment on facebook.  Tweet me on Twitter.  If you have my number, text me.  If you see me, ask.  If you have a carrier pigeon, write me a note and send it to me (People still do that, right?).  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this.  Have a great day.  God Bless.    

2 comments:

Laterdays17 said...

*insert typical fan complains and why your opinion is not as good as mine*

Brett Woods said...

Thanks bro. You're right.