Thursday, September 8, 2016

Football Standings Predictions

I meant to get this out a little earlier, but oh well. I did a baseball prediction earlier this year (which was horrible), so I figured I would do a football prediction as well. Hopefully this one goes better.

NFC EAST
1. New York Giants
2. Washington Redskins
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Philadelphia Eagles
I believe this will be a weak division overall.  The Giants have the most experience with Manning at QB. Philly and Dallas have rookies at QB so there will probably be some kind of inconsistency there.

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Chicago Bears
4. Detroit Lions
If Teddy Bridgewater were healthy, the Vikings would have challenged for the division, but instead it will be Sam Bradford, who has not shown he can stay healthy.

NFC South
1. Carolina Panthers
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. New Orleans Saints
The Panthers were the best team in football last year. The division will be there's to lose. I think there will be a good battle for second between the youngster Jameis Winston and the veteran Matt Ryan.

NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Los Angeles Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers
The Cardinals and Seahawks are very similar teams, both good defenses.  I can see either team winning this division.

AFC East
1. Buffalo Bills
2. New England Patiots
3. Miami Dolphins
4. New York Jets
I'm going out on a limb with this one. I like the Bills defense and I think their offense can get the job done. Tom Brady is suspended the first four games so that will give the other teams a chance. And Brady is 39. He has to slow down at some point, right? I could end up very wrong with this one, but I have to take a shot.

AFC North
1 . Cincinnati Bengals
2 Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Cleveland Browns
This division is also a tossup between the Bengals and Steelers.  I think I'm one of the few people who has faith in Andy Dalton. I can see him really putting it all together this year.

AFC South
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans
I see this division being a jumbled mess, with all the teams ending up within a few games. The Colts have experience and I think they have to be better than last year. The Jaguars have a decent all around team and the Texans have one of the best players in the league in JJ Watt. This should be a good race.

NFC West
1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. San Diego Chargers
I see this division being very close as well. The Broncos are the defending champs with arguably the best defense in the league, but have much uncertainty at quarterback. The Chiefs have a solid all around team and I think they can edge past them.  The Raiders have a ton of potential if they can put it all together. Then the Chargers always seem to at least put in a decent season. This will also be a good race.

Finally I will throw a Super Bowl Prediction out there.
Arizona Cardinals over the Cincinatti Bengals.

This was a lot of fun to do. We will see how it turns out. Let me know what you think!


No comments: